I think they’re using the same classification of ‘lesbian’ that certain men like to use to describe:
- Women who don’t laugh at rape jokes
- Women who don’t smile when you stare down their tops
- Women who don’t appear to appreciate it when you call them a slag for wearing a skirt above the knee
- Women who don’t wear make-up
- Women who call them out for any kind of bullshit, sexist or not
- Women who turn them down
FYI; you’d be amazed how many lesbians these men meet.
I HAVE SEEN THIS MIDGARDIAN MOVIE AND MUCH ENJOYED THE BRAVE HEROINE AND HER SPIRIT. I DO NOT UNDERSTAND WHY SHE IS MET WITH SUCH CRITICISM FROM MANY OF YOU MIDGARDIANS! SHE REMINDS ME, IN TRUTH, OF LADY SIF, THE FEARSOME WARRIOR OF ASGARD.
THE IDEA THAT A WOMAN WHO IS ABLE TO FIGHT MUST ONLY WISH TO LAY WITH OTHER WOMEN BAFFLES ME BEYOND WHAT I CAN DESCRIBE. NOT ONLY IS IT ABSURDLY— LAUGHABLY!— FALSE, BUT I FAIL TO SEE HOW SOMEONE’S SEXUAL PREFERENCE RELATES TO THEIR FIGHTING ABILITY.
I AM A WARRIOR, AND STRONG— WHY DOES THIS NOT MEAN, IN THESE MIDGARDIAN’S EYES, THAT I MUST ENJOY THE COMPANY OF MEN?
I LOVE MIDGARD DEARLY, BUT SOMETIMES, I UNDERSTAND NONE OF IT.
“WHY DOES THIS NOT MEAN, IN THESE MIDGARDIAN’S EYES, THAT I MUST ENJOY THE COMPANY OF MEN?”
Thor is still new to the internet I see.
(also anyone missing the point of Brave so badly deserves a stern talking to. Movie was awesome and I totally cried)
10 months ago